Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Morbid Fascination (copied from my other blog)

Ok... a couple you have asked me to finish the story. Ok, ONE of you has asked me the story, and I will, but I currently don't really have the time for Oodstu and Rilloma [if you haven't read my "Drifting Through Shadows" blog, don't ask]. I've got lots of school, I'm SUPPOSED to be writing music, but... well... my favorite characters are stuck in a rather intense situation, and, well... you know.... I just HAVE to write! :-)

[tormictionists- you will be interested in the following]

This intense situation involves a poisoning. Which are awesome, but I sometimes struggle to create a unique poison (I'm working on that, btw). So why try? I went to wikipedia and found STRYCHNINE!!! MWAHAHAHA! A few things about strychnine before I get on school- strychnine is very violent, very fast, *Wesley voice* and among the deadlier poisons (any of you who haven't seen "Princess Bride" will miss that reference, sorry). I wish I could launch into a nice little informed speech about the thing, but alas, that is not condusive to my time frames, so suffice it to say this: you don't wanna ingest strychnine. It creates violent muscle convulsions, so violent that the victim will often die in 2-3 hours from EXHAUSTION. That's saying somethin', right there. With strynchnine poisoning, one can also suffocate, because the poison paralyzes the the neural pathways that control breathing. Either way, the victim is almost certainly dead within 2-3 hours of exposure (untreated, of course... not sure the stats on survival rates, but I'd say, the sooner you're poisoned and get to da hospital, the better).

I read all this and had one o' those evil lightbulbs pop over my head. It was PERFECT. Only... I'm in Uhrya and I need a slightly different poison than this, but ohhhhhhh baby did it give me inspiration. (my chracters are quaking in a corner right now thinking "Yeah... too MUCH inspiration")

Well, off t' do school so I can work with my poison/poisoning/poison victim some more this af'anoon!

2 comments:

  1. excuse my ignorance, but, what's a tormictionist?

    Please reply at my blog...I'm very busy and it makes it difficult to check everyone's comments on other blogs! :D

    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete