Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shamed into Creativity

Alright, I think I have a way to get Lirel and Riyela out of their mess. Ok, ok, I know, the extra tormictionating I threw in for fun. So Lirel was being killed by a kekaila and I didn't want him dead yet, so I had to bring someone in to save him from it. Riyela's lost and Lirel's being no help. In a very dangerous place.

Tara shamed me into this idea, to be honest. She said, "Why don't their friends go back to help them?"

Why did she have to say that?

My original objection was that (even though I didn't say this) the leaders of the group (the one from which the two were separated) know what's down there, and that it's pretty much hopeless to get out of (nobody that they know of has ever come out) and by the time they find out Lirel and Riyela are gone, they know that those two should be dead by now and give them up for dead. That was my original excuse. That and the other two people in the group are clueless about everything (and one wouldn't care anyway).

So, since it was the only idea I have, I'm making one of the leaders go back. She happens to be Lirel's sister, and refuses to give him up for dead, despite many objections by the others. Simply because The Story wanted them gone and at least fatally mutilated, I had to appease it. I'm not going to do anything too drastic, but when Lirel's sister shows up she's going to find Riyela in the suffocating embrace of a huge snake that has the regeneration qualities of an earthworm (a tineyr). Thankfully, she's had knife-throwing lessons (from her other older brother whom she doesn't like at all) and is good at it. She saves Riyela. I still have to decipher how to get them out, but...let's finish this part and hope The Story doesn't mess it up any more than it has.

As before and always be,
Nestami.

4 comments:

  1. Ah. So THAT'S how you're gonna do it. Awesome. *to everyone else* Why doesn't she ever tell ME these things? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do the posting times say we post three hours before we do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. timing must be off... I'll check the settings... eventually...

    ReplyDelete